At the Jamaica National Building Society, our policy is that everyone should own a home and we seek to make it easy for you!
Once you are 18 years or older, you can apply for a JN HOME LOAN at the lowest rate on the market, 9.29%. These loans are ideal for persons who are purchasing a lot, building a home or purchasing a home for tenanted or owner occupied purposes. Up to 90% financing is offered in Jamaican Dollars for purchasing and building a home; and 70% financing, in other currencies.
You can also obtain 50% financing for land only purchases. The lending ratio for land is dependent on whether there is infrastructure.
We believe in giving our members more negotiating power; and, therefore, we are offering you an opportunity to obtain pre-approval! This means that you would be given a mortgage offer before you actually go house hunting, whether you are a first time home owner or not.
Please call our Regional Mortgage Centre today! at 1-888-GET-JNBS
• - No processing fees for the period October 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014
• - One-year free JAA Gold Membership OR a 10% discount on peril insurance from the first year from JN General Insurance
Share and Enjoy
- Up to $200,000 free content insurance from JNGI
- Free ATM use at JNBS ATM
- 20% Discount on membership fees from JAA
- 5% Discount on Motor Insurance from JNGI
- Discounts from local and international hotels, spas, stores and other merchants
- Agreement for Sale - duly completed & Deposit Receipt
- Photocopy of Certificate of Title
- Valuation Report on property done by JN approved Valuer
- Income Verification Letter(s) from employer(s) and last two pay slips.
- If Self-employed, Statement of Income is required (for Guarantor)
- Proof of Age (Passport, Driver's Licence, Birth Certificate or National ID)
- Commissioned Land Surveyor's Identification Report
- Up-to-date Property Tax Certificate
- Closing costs for the mortgage is to be lodged to savings account - approximately 5-6% of loan amount
- Application Cost (where applicable)
- Written confirmation of existing loan(s)
- N.H.T. Contribution Verification Letter from employer
- Tax Registration Numbers (TRN)
- N.I.S. Card