JN Easi Savers are entitled to the benefits available to all JN Savers, as well as the following additional benefits:
- Savers who open this account under the School Savers Programme are eligible to win GSAT scholarships
NB – Member benefits are accrued to the adult member on the account
How it works
- For savers 0-15 years
- Open with a minimum of JA$100
Click here for requirements to become a JNBS member
Share and Enjoy
|0 - 9,999||0.00%||0.00%|
|10,000 - 99,999||0.15%||0.40%|
|100,000 - 299,999||0.30%||0.50%|
|300,000 - 999,999||0.60%||1.00%|
|1,000,000 and over||1.00%||1.25%|
Applicants Residing Locally
- Full registered name and name(s) used (i.e. first, middle and last name)
- Date, place of birth and nationality
- Applicant’s crrent and previous addresses, including postal code
- Proof of your address (utility bill, receipt or other bills).
- Telephone number(s) - (home, work and mobile)
- Current and valid identification
- Tax payer Registration Number (TRN) OR Jamaican Driver’s licence bearing this number OR its overseas equivalent (Social Security Number (SSN) US Resident, Social Insurance Number (SIN) – Canadian Resident), National Insurance Number (NIN) – UK Resident
- Occupation and name of employer (if self-employed, the nature of the self employment)
- Two (2) references
- The minimum amount of J$100 required for opening the account
- Source of funds
- Members with Jamaican Dollar Accounts are required to maintain a balance of J$2,500 and a unit of 100 for accounts held in other currencies. Accounts that fall below the stipulated sum will be debited J$50.00 per month and a unit of 0.50 (other currencies), respectively.
* If a child below 16 years is to be added to this account, the child's Birth Certificate is required.
Applicants Residing Overseas
- Notarized copy of your valid identification (Passport, Driver's License, Alien Registration Identification Card or State Identification Card or Naturalization Certificate with Picture) *
- The minimum amount of US$100 or its equivalent required for opening the account. Only International/Postal Money Order cheques will be accepted.
- Your completed Customer Information Form (CIF) which will be mailed to you upon submission of your full name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of your address (utility or cable bill or bank statement).
- Birth certificate (only for minors)
- International Money Orders, Postal Money Orders or Cashier’s (Manager) cheques made payable to Jamaica National Building Society. (Personal cheques or cash will not be accepted)
- A notarized letter stating the type of account to be opened, the names and signatures of the persons to be added to the account and any other specific instructions
- Each signature should be notarized separately.
- For Jamaican Immigrants who previously had a Tax Registration Number (TRN), this must be obtained.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) are not mandatory to open a Savings account.
- A minimum amount of US$20 or its equivalent required for opening the account. Only International/Postal Money Order cheque will be accepted.
* If a child below 16 years is to be added to this account, a notarised copy of the Birth Certificate is required.
Please mail all documents to our Internal Processing Centre located at 2-4 Constant Spring Road Kingston 10, Jamaica W.I.
*Benefits only apply to persons residing locally. query