The minimum amount required to open this account is JA$10,000. The interest rate is competitive. The account will be maintained in Jamaican Dollars.
Click here for requirements to become a JNBS member
Share and Enjoy
|$0 - $9,999||0.00%||0.00%|
|$10,000 - $99,999||0.15%||0.40%|
|$100,000 - $299,999||0.30%||0.50%|
|$300,000 - $999,999||0.60%||1.00%|
|$1,000,000 and over||1.00%||1.25%|
Applicants Residing Locally
- Full registered name and name(s) used (i.e. first, middle and last name)
- Date, place of birth and nationality
- Applicant’s current and previous addresses, including postal code
- Proof of your address (utility bill, receipt or other bills).
- Telephone number(s) - (home, work and mobile)
- Current and valid identification
- Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) OR Jamaican Driver’s licence bearing this number OR its overseas equivalent (Social Security Number (SSN) US Resident, Social Insurance Number (SIN) – Canadian Resident), National Insurance Number (NIN) – UK Resident
- Occupation and name of employer (if self-employed, the nature of the self employment)
- Two (2) references
- Customer Information Form (CIF)
- The minimum amount of J$10,000 required for opening the account
- Source of funds
- Members with Jamaican Dollar Accounts are required to maintain a balance of J$2,500 and a unit of 100 for accounts held in other currencies. Accounts that fall below the stipulated sum will be debited J$50.00 per month and a unit of 0.50 (other currencies), respectively.
* If a child below 16 years is to be added to this account, the child's Birth Certificate is required.
Requirements for Minors Opening Accounts
- A minor is a person under the legal age of 18.
- A Birth Certificate will be accepted when the parent/legal guardian/teacher is present with proper identification. A passport is also an acceptable identification.
- Where a passport is not available, a JP or another notary public can stamp two passport size pictures and a letter verifying the minor's identity.
- The account must be opened with an adult. The adult must therefore present all the required documents mentioned above.
All documents are to be mailed to:
- The Supervisor
- Internal Processing Centre
- 2-4 Constant Spring Road
- Kingston 10
Our Member Care Centre can be reached toll free from:
- JAMAICA 1-888-991-4065/6