The JNBS Schools Savings Programme (SSP) was launched in September 2001, with two schools. To date, 900 schools, with approximately 120,805 students, across Jamaica are participating in the programme.
The primary objectives of the SSP are to:
- develop a sense of thrift among the youth
- assist in cultivating the habit of saving from a tender age
- Parent/guardian to complete the SSP application and reference form
- Submit completed form with the minimum amount to open the account:
- Basic/Infant/Primary school - $100.00
- All Age/High school - $200.00
- Once the completed forms are returned with the designated amounts and documents, the account will be established by the school coordinator (selected by school principal)
- Once the account has been established the student will be issued a passbook.
Copy of the parents ID
- Valid Driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Valid voters ID.
- Copy of parents TRN card
- Copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Proof of address.
o Utility bill
o Bank or credit card statement
- Source of funds
- Two letters of reference
Copyright © 2010. Jamaica National Building Society. All Rights Reserved.