JN Target Plus Account has a higher interest rate than the JN Target Account and is targeted to adults between the ages of 24-54.
Click here for requirements to become a JNBS member
Share and Enjoy
|$0 - $9,999||0.00%||0.00%|
|$10,000 - $99,999||0.10%||0.40%|
|$100,000 - $299,999||0.30%||0.50%|
|$300,000 - $999,999||0.60%||1.00%|
|$1,000,000 and over||1.00%||1.25%|
Applicants Residing Locally
- Full registered name and name(s) used (i.e. first, middle and last name)
- Date, place of birth and nationality
- Applicant’s current and previous addresses, including postal code
- Proof of your address (utility bill, receipt or other bills).
- Telephone number(s) - (home, work and mobile)
- Current and valid identification
- Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) OR Jamaican Driver’s licence bearing this number OR its overseas equivalent (Social Security Number (SSN) US Resident, Social Insurance Number (SIN) – Canadian Resident), National Insurance Number (NIN) – UK Resident
- Occupation and name of employer (if self-employed, the nature of the self employment)
- Two (2) references
- Customer Information Form (CIF)
- Valid identification (Passport, Driver's License, Elector Registration Identification Card or National ID)
- The minimum amount of JA$2,500 (JN Target Plus) required for opening the account.
- Members with Jamaican Dollar Accounts are required to maintain a balance of J$2,500 and a unit of 100 for accounts held in other currencies. Accounts that fall below the stipulated sum will be debited J$50.00 per month and a unit of 0.50 (other currencies), respectively.
* If a child below 16 years is to be added to this account, the child's Birth Certificate is required.
Applicants Residing Overseas
- Notarized copy of your valid identification (Passport, Driver's License, Alien Registration Identification Card or State Identification Card or Naturalization Certificate with Picture) *
- The minimum amount of US$1000 or its equivalent required for opening the account. Only International/Postal Money Order cheques will be accepted.
- Your completed Customer Information Form (CIF) which will be mailed to you upon submission of your full name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of your address (utility or cable bill or bank statement).
- Birth certificate (only for minors)
- International Money Orders, Postal Money Orders or Cashier’s (Manager) cheques made payable to Jamaica National Building Society. (Personal cheques or cash will not be accepted)
- A notarized letter stating the type of account to be opened, the names and signatures of the persons to be added to the account and any other specific instructions
- Each signature should be notarized separately.
- For Jamaican Immigrants who previously had a Tax Registration Number (TRN), this must be obtained.
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Social Security Number (SSN) are not mandatory to open a Savings account.
- The minimum amount of US$1000 or its equivalent required for opening the account.
* If a child below 16 years is to be added to this account, a notarised copy of the Birth Certificate is required.
Please mail all documents to our Internal Processing Centre located at 2-4 Constant Spring Road Kingston 10, Jamaica W.I.
*Benefits only apply to persons residing locally.
All documents are to be mailed to:
- The Supervisor
- Internal Processing Centre
- 2-4 Constant Spring Road
- Kingston 10
Our Member Care Centre can be reached toll free from:
- USA 1-800-462-9003
- JAMAICA 1-888-991-4065/6
- UK -0-800-328-0387